All Aspiring Artists Need to Know
Writers, Musicians, Filmmakers, Visual Artists, Dancers, Photographers, Designers and Actors all need to learn the answers
to these essential questions:
• What factors contribute most to success in the arts?
• Do you have enough talent?
• What do you need besides talent?
• What are the myths about creativity?
• What is real creativity and how do you cultivate it?
• How do you get through tough times?
• How do you deal with criticism?
• How do you “get the breaks” in your field?
• What foundation principles don’t change?
• How do you hang on to the important things in life?
• How do you keep from “selling your soul?”
• What if you don’t make it?
Knowing the answers to these questions can save years of trial and error and avoid many of the common pitfalls of creative careers.
Michael Shumate covers this and more in his keynote addresses and seminars on "Success in the Arts: What It Takes To Make It In Creative Fields."
What They Say About Michael's Presentations
Michael Shumate is a wonderful, genuine and engaging speaker. His presentation touched the hearts and minds of all who heard him and raised their awareness on how artists CAN have “success in the arts”. We will definitely invite Michael to speak again. --Alyssa Blais, organizer of Cornwall Artpreneur Conference
We received great feedback from the faculty, staff, students, student’s parents and public that attended your presentation. Your speaking content well represented the content of your book. Thank you, Grand Pooh-Bah! --Amy Juneau, Collins College
Thank you so much for the talk this afternoon. You're a pro, in many ways. Thanks again for sharing your talent, skill and heart with us! --Margaret Hughes, President, Kingston Arts Council
"well-researched...interesting and thought-provoking.... passionate about your message, and committed...." --Daniel Lalonde, Counsellor, Bayridge High School